TWO 4 Win V0.12.5 Behaviour different for sorting, naming space node creation and playback

Minor topic

I added a name space value 0 as a final node. The idea was to map the levels of a building;

Before

L0 = position/N/1
L1 = position/N/2
L2 = position/N/3
L3 = position/N/4
L4 = position/N/5

After

L0 = position/N/0
L1 = position/N/1
L2 = position/N/2
L3 = position/N/3
L4 = position/N/4

I have since decided against this but thought I would log this behaviour, although I won’t be using 0 value now.

1. Sorting order namespaces
    As a result I created

/layer/1/position/N/0

I then copied and pasted this to create further nodes

/layer/1/position/N/1
/layer/1/position/N/2
/layer/1/position/N/3 and so on.

The actual result pasted the value creating 2 and skipping 1

/0
/2

The expected result was;

/0
/1
/2

1. Sorting order Timeline source list
    I then when to add the source land for editing as I was prepping a recording.

You can see the list of the source is not in A-Z order

/0
/2
/3
/4
/1

Then I checked the Scene output as my application values seemed to be jumping/jittering which was more an issue.

Here’s a sample video

When I returned to;

etc

The jittering stopped

The sorting on these forms;

Timeline Pick Source for Editing, scene didn’t seem to be sorted in any order.

1 Like

Thank you for this, your bug reports are the best!

I’ll look into it with first priority.

I suspect that the jumpiness that you see is the result of multiple messages being sent to the same target from several sources - in this case internal in TWO. Maybe a router that’s sending to the same target as an Address, and so the “offsets” are ignored, and there’s a jump?

If you could share your .two project file I’ll check to make sure and reproduce - you can send it to me privately.

Best,
Ilias B.

1 Like

Hey IIias,

Thanks, re-creating the same scenario, data, conditions can be a challenge.

I’ve not been able to re-create it myself, I need to re-create the source and destination, but I didn’t think that would impact things. Usually I just stop the source from playing and then play back on the recording.

I’ll send a link via email.

I’ve looked through the previous 10 versions in my cloud backup and found the file that I think I came across the issue.

Regards

Jon

1 Like